Monday, February 8, 2010

Training Recap (Feb 1 - Feb 7)

Feb 1 - Feb 7
Total Mileage: 26 miles
Runs: 5
Long-run: 11 miles @09:22


Had a good week last week. My easy 5k runs in the morning on both Tuesday and Thursday both turned into progression runs. My tempo run on Wednesday was fun - I broke it up a little differently than I had before (1/2 and 2/3 mile segments). Saturday's 5 mile race pace run ended up being a really fast pace (08:42) and I felt really strong on the hillier sections. My LSD this week was an 11 miler. I surprised myself with an overall sub-10 time (09:22) over a somewhat hilly course.

My big toe on my right foot was bothering me early in the week, but I haven't really noticed much since Wednesday's tempo session.

Also, I tried something new this weekend that I believe helped tremendously: ICE BATH. I think I may spend 10-15 minutes in the chill after each 10+ mile run. I expected to be completely sore today after yesterday's quick 11 miler, but I don't. I think the time spent in the freezing water helped!

On tap for this week:
Tues/Thurs - easy 5k
Wednesday - speed work
Saturday - 3 mile race pace
Sunday - 12 mile LSD

The Half at the Hamptons is 2 weeks from yesterday. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment