Sunday, February 14, 2010

Training Recap (Feb 8 - Feb 14)

Feb 8 - Feb 14
Total Mileage: 30 miles
Runs: 6
Long-run: 12 miles (@09:35)

I had a pretty strong training week. My 5k comfortable pace runs became progression or tempo-runs. On Thursday, I had some margaritas at lunch and decided to get in some double time. Saturday, I went out for a 5k race-pace, and it turned into a PR over that distance for me! I finished in 25 minutes, averaging around 08:08!

Sunday's long run was 12 miles. It is a very hilly route that takes me over and around Wachusett reservoir (sharing some stretches of road with the Stu's 30k route). I averaged about 09:35 and finished in 01:55. I figure if I can average sub-10 on a hilly course over 12 miles, I might have a shot at a sub-2 hour half-marathon next week at Hampton.

Ice bath was rough this week, but I'm feeling pretty good right now, so I think that there is some definite value there.

Hope you get out there this week and give it your all.

Until next time: run, run, run.

No comments:

Post a Comment