Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekly Recap (Mar 8-14)

Mar 8 - 14
Total Mileage: 30 miles
Runs: 6
Long-run: 17 miles (@11:39)

My third 30 mile week in the last 6. I feel like 30 should probably be the cap of my mileage for a while. I'm not actively training for a marathon. Planning on taking it a little bit easier and focusing on some cross training in the upcoming weeks.

17 on Sunday in the rain was actually not as bad as I had feared. The rain wasn't backed by a very strong wind, so I actually ran without the hood up on my jacket. After about 2 hours out, I had some ankle pain. My running partner was taking walk breaks, and running at a slow pace for me (12:00), so it allowed me to flex the ankle and power through it. I felt good by the end, but soaked.

The next couple of weekends are pretty busy, so I'm not sure I see any other really long 15+ runs for a few weeks at least. Which is probably OK, as I should rest a bit.

Until next time: run, run, run.

No comments:

Post a Comment