Monday, April 12, 2010

Michael Dunleavy 5k

On April 11th, I made my way out to Winchester for the 8th annual Michael Dunleavy 5k road race. My friend Sarah was participating in her very first 5k and I wanted to be there to support her. It was an absolutely beautiful day for a run, despite a little wind.

I wasn't really anticipating a very strong race. I ran 8 miles on Saturday and then ate/drank at a wedding all day/night. My primary reason for the race was to lend support.

The course had a few small hills throughout the first 2 miles and then a whopping climb at about 2.5. Combined with the wind it made for a challenge. As I said, I wasn't really expecting much, but I was extremely happy with the results when I crossed the finish line in 24:21 (07:50 pace), a PR for me by over a minute!

48 151 Adam Monty 33 40/145 M 14/25 M3039 JEFFERSON MA 24:21 7:50

After grabbing a water, I went back to find Sarah and accompany her the rest of the race. She was run/walking it, so after we got up the big hill, I saw her triumphantly cross the finish line. It was great to get to be a part of someone else's first time out!

Here are a couple of pics from the race.

Finishing:



Sarah and I after the race:

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again for all your support! It was a great day for both of us!

    ReplyDelete