Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bay State Marathon Training, Week 2 Recap

Total Miles: 24
Long Run: 9.15 miles
VFF Miles: 3

Week 2 went well. I had the familiar 3-5-3 combo on Tues, Wed, Thursday. Between 8:40-8:50 for an average pace on the mid-week runs, which I feel pretty good about. Saturday's long run was a 9:02. I took it easy except for a 1 mile stretch on the rail trail, where I 'opened up' to see what I could do. I managed a 7:57 for that one mile, which I am pretty pleased with.

If you were paying attention up top, you'll notice that I picked up a pair of VFFs. I'll write about them a little bit more in another post, but let me just say: I LOVE 'EM so far!

That's all for now. I had a nice week of training, with some basketball mixed in on Thursday/Friday night for some cross training.

Until next time: run, run, run.

No comments:

Post a Comment