Monday, October 25, 2010

National Married to a Runner Appreciation Day

Did you know that today is National Married to a Runner Appreciation Day? No? It's OK, neither did I. But in honor of such an important day in the lives of all runners, I'd like to say a quick thank you to my "wife" (those of you in the know get the quotes) Jenni.

So here is an off the cuff list of things I'm grateful for, in no particular order, as it pertains to my running obsession (ahem, hobby).

Thanks Jenni -

  • Even though you think I'm crazy, you support and encourage me to be healthy and happy
  • You very rarely complain that my long runs on the weekend cut into our time as a family
  • You are an expert smoothie maker
  • My running clothes are always clean
  • You haven't killed me yet for leaving my shoes everywhere
  • You've chased me around on long runs to give me much needed water & nutrition
  • You've come out to almost all of my races to support me
  • You don't get annoyed by questions that I ask a ridiculous amount of times - "What's the temp supposed to be like tomorrow? Have you seen my (insert running gear item here)?
  • You always have coffee brewed. I know it's not for me, but I enjoy that
  • You put up with me during taper madness
  • You don't mind picking up 20 lb bags of ice for my bath
  • You let me rest
  • You encourage me to cross train, and to continue to find new ways to improve my health & fitness
  • You tell me that I make you proud

If you're a runner, take a moment to thank those around in your life that support you in your endeavors. Hell, I'm even offering a shoulder massage, that is, if the wife reads this blog. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sweet, I love me a shoulder rub!

    I may kill you soon for the shoes though, dude. I've tripped over them half a dozen times today.

    ReplyDelete