Recap of Goals for 2010
- Strive to run at least one road race per month. - Complete at least 1 half-marathon. - Complete a full marathon.
Nice and simple. Let's see how the expected compares to the actual.
|February||1st Half Marathon (Hampton NH) in 1:55|
|March||Stu's 30k - I will go tackle this beast again!|
|April||Dunleavy 5k - 5k PR of 24:21 set|
|May||Run To Home Base - raised over $1,500 for vets, race finished in the Fenway outfield!|
|June||Vermont Covered Bridges 1/2 - PR of 1:51 set|
|July||Harvard Pilgrim 10k - Ended on the 50 yard line of Gillette Stadium|
|August||Dare Classic 5k - 1st 5k in VFFs|
|September||Lex's Run - awesome race, great people, tough course|
|October||Smuttynose Half - pace ran Fishadad to his first 1/2|
Bay State Full - ridiculous PR in 2nd marathon
Groton Town Forest Trail Race - first trail race, tons of fun, great race
|November||Slattery's Turkey Trot - 5m PR|
Holden Turkey Trot - course time beat by 30s
|December||Hot Chocolate 5k - 5k PR of 23:49 set|
OK - Goals met, and then some. It's been a whirlwind, this my first real full year of running.
* 1478+ miles logged running
* PRs (26.2) - 4:24:39, (13.1) - 1:51:04, (10k) - 52:48, (5m) - 40:56, (5k) - 23:49
* got a pair of VFFs. love em. logged about 80 miles on them this summer
* found that i love to run on trails. gonna do a lot more of that next year.
* fixed up my old bike mid-summer and got in a couple hundred miles of cross training
* maintained my weight within the same 10-lb range, all while enjoying many fine Belgian beers
* met some truly amazing people and an awesome online community i'm happy to be part of
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." — Dr. Seuss
It's been great. I'm gonna take a few moments to think about goals for next year. Maybe I'll sleep on it. Then, get up tomorrow, like today, and put the gear on and get out the door. To borrow a phrase from an esteemed podcaster to whom I owe a phone call - "maybe I'll see you out there".