Friday, February 4, 2011

Me? A Dailymile Ambassador?

Those of you that follow the blog or interact with me on Twitter already know that I am a huge fan of the social networking site, Dailymile. Since joining in December 2009, I have been blessed with the opportunity to meet and interact with some truly amazing and supportive people, both virtually and in real life. It would not be a stretch to say that DM has become my hands-down favorite when it comes to social networking sites, and it has become an integral part of my daily existence.

I was surprised this month to find that I have been chosen to apply for the 2011 Dailymile Team. I'm honored to even be considered. I understand that there are about 300 people selected to apply, out of the over 200,000 members. The catch - you need to submit a video application by midnight February 7th, explaining why you'd be a good ambassador for DM.

I've no (technical) problem recording a video and submitting it, but I've never really been great at self-promoting. I've been told my story is inspiring, and I love interacting with everyone on DM on a daily basis, so maybe I'm a perfect candidate. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous about pitting myself against hundreds of other awesome people who are probably far more suited for this role than myself.

Either way, I've got a few days to decide and record something. In the meantime, I am curious what other people think....

3 comments:

  1. Abso-friggin'-LUTELY! You are the BOMB! I'm hoping to apply to. I can't find the invite or the link anymore. I think I accidentally deleted it from my Blackberry. Blasted technology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! Don't worry about the number of people selected, etc. Just be you and tell your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um....yes. Do it! Just this post ALONE proves it. Humble yet confident. Besides, I thought you already were one. :) You are doing the job you are meant to have before you even have it.

    ReplyDelete